Sunday, December 11, 2011

My First Party

Friday evening was one of the best nights I've had in a while. The night started with meeting an old friend I met at Kingston University in 2008 on my lovely trip to the U.K.  Neil and I caught up over a brew, and since he has a three hour commute from Connecticut, he had to be on his way rather early; however I am sure I will be seeing much more of him. Updates on that soon.
I then made my way back to Astoria to meet two beautiful ladies at a bar where the bartender, allegedly, performs magic tricks. The rumor was true and although he didn't go too far out of his way, he subtly  showed off his craft quite wall by walking into a freezer door and making it look rather convincing. Back to the company though. These roommates and I had a really great conversation about honesty and exboyfriends/girlfriends. I will divulge more on that later. We parted ways after a few hours as I made my way to a semi-formal Christmas party with Arick and Elyse.
Upon arrival to this soiree we found Justin Bieber just chilling in the kitchen with a santa hat. My heart skipped a beat or two, it may have been cardiac arrest, whatever. Arick got his picture with him as you have probably already noticed.

Fun fact: Arick always eats his candy canes like that.
The people at this party were great and I'm not just saying that because I decided to actively engage in drinking liquor again for the first time in probably a year or so; I am saying they were great because they actually were. Arick and I broke out the Watauga Puff via Boone Drug and represented the pipe smokers everywhere. Afterwards I immediately remembered why I generally don't smoke pipes and my throat is still, understandably, rather upset with me. That being said, it was worth it. I met some new friends, some friends of friends, and friends that probably wont remember meeting me. Which is okay in my book, considering that book was rather inebriated anyway.
The rest of my weekend was spent looking around for a new apartment and eating canned tomatoes. The apartment hunting went okay, I think I'll be ready to move by next week. And canned tomatoes can be hazardous to your health, so but buy fresh ones and cut them up from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment